The Tsunami Inn is a small expat-owned hotel.
Tsunami Inn is located in the San Vicente neighborhood of Puerto Armuelles.
It is across a quiet dirt road from the beach.
This hotel is centered around its pool and central “hang out” gazebo (see photo). You can stay in one of its 6 colorful cabanas. They are small, but an adequate size.
The front cabins, pool and gazebo face the ocean.
Note: Some guests who have stayed here have told us that it appears the owners have a financial arrangement with 2 local real estate people. After you arrive, don’t be surprised if one of these 2 “realtors” shows up. I advise taking your time.
You can play horseshoes here. They have a regulation horseshoe pit set up right by the swimming pool. One of the owners, Scott, is a champion horseshoe player. On most Sunday afternoons they have a horseshoe game for hotel guests and locals.
- Swimming pool
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Air conditioning
- A horseshoe pit
- A community horseshoe game every Sunday afternoon
- A beach just across the road
- An apartment to rent for longer stays
- Secure parking
About the Cabins
- Double bed
- Air Conditioning
- Hot Water
- WiFi Internet Access
- Mini “Kitchen” – a tiled counter with sink and microwave. Some have refrigerators.
Reservations & Payment
To make a reservation, it is best to email them.
Make sure to call or email them the day before to confirm that you are coming.
You don’t pay until you arrive. They only accept cash.
- Low Season – $50/night or $300/week
- High Season -$60/night or $360/week (December – May)
Apartment (long-term) Rate
- $450 a week $800 a month
The apartment is 1 bedroom, with A/C, wifi, full kitchen, dining area, bathroom, and separate entrance and parking space.
Hotel Contact Info
Email – Cabins@TsunamiInn.com
- 6604-9369 – Scott in Panama
- 6814-3747 – Albanis in Panama (para reservaciones en Español)
Add the country code 507, if you are calling from outside of Panama
- 602-507-7841 –from the United States
- Only 2 guests per cabin
- No children allowed. Only guests at least 18 years of age are allowed
- No pets allowed
Have you stayed at Tsunami Inn?
Tell us what you thought of it below.